Conflict Management, Leadership, Organization Development and Change
Robert B. Willumstad School of Business
Assistant Professor Tenure-Track
Leadership and Negotiations
The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business Department of Management seeks applications for an Assistant Professor tenure-track faculty position to start in August, 2020. We seek candidates with a strong commitment to excellence in scholarly research and teaching in the field of leadership, negotiations, conflict management or organizational change.
The Robert B. Willumstad School of Business is accredited by AACSB-International. The successful candidate must be Scholarly Academic and maintain that status.
1. Faculty members teach 18 credits (6 courses) annually.
2. Teach undergraduate and graduate courses.
3. Teaching assignments can occur at any of the University's sites, including in Manhattan, at off-campus corporate locations, on evenings, day time hours and/or weekends, in face-to-face and on-line formats.
4. Conducting and publishing peer reviewed research in the areas of leadership and negotiations.
5. Contributing to student growth and development through active involvement in student related activities (e.g., advising, working with student organizations, etc.)
6. Providing service to the university and community
1. Candidates must have a Ph.D. or D.B.A. in Management/Business Administration or related field from an accredited University.
2. ABD status with completion expected by August 2020 will be considered.
3. Teaching experience and corporate experience are additional desirable qualifications.
1. Applications should include a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, evidence of high quality teaching/research, and names and contact information for three references.
Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research and teaching university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core Four—Arts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region.